Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A day in the life of this breeder.


 We do not support Puppy Mills! 
Every morning I wake at 5:00 am.  I greet all the doggies and feed the puppies first and clean them and their pen good.  They are growing and their bellies are the most hungry.  Next, I feed all the adults and clean up after the ones who used newspaper to go potty during the night (which is all of them).  Before letting everyone out to play, I clean their eyes, brush their teeth and comb out their trimmings.  Now, just for the little bit of dogs we have, I spend 2-3 hours doing this every morning. Once this is done, I carefully scrub the floors with bleach and wash any bedding that looks dirty.  I check the calendar to see if any one is due to be wormed, vaccinated, needs to be bred or scheduled to see the vet.  When done, I answer my e-mail from people looking for pets.  By noon, the puppies are hungry for a second feeding and again need to have the pen cleaned and paper changed.  Next, I take the dog bedding out of the wash and hang it out to dry.  In-between, I run my 92 year old Mother to the store, clean the house and fix dinner for Mike and me.  I feed the puppies again at 5:00 PM and of course, clean the pen and change the paper.  The adult dogs are hungry around 6:00 PM and bed down at dark for the night.  After bedding down the dogs for the night, I pick poop up in the kennel.  If time allows, I fill out AKC papers, print off Mini Tips, health guarantees, make complimentary crate pads and food/vitamin packets for our puppies to go home with.  Before turning in myself, I check on the puppies again.  I give them a small meal to last them until morning and clean the pen and put clean paper down.  Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment