Monday, November 8, 2010

Breeding Miniature schnauzers

We do not support Puppy Mills!
I have been breeding Miniature schnauzers for over a decade.  We treat are dogs like pets.  They live in our home and not in a kennel.  We have never had more than 10 including some who are retired pets.  We never line breed or inbreed.  Our females are never bred before their second or third heat and retired young.  We breed only dogs that have a good health history and never a fault to a fault.  Our dogs are beautiful from their champion lines.  They produce puppies that have sweet temperaments, square in build with short straight backs, long necks, nice tail sets and beautiful heads.  We live on two acres and our dogs have plenty of room to run and play.  Now that I’ve told you about me, I would like to hear what you have to say about your pets, breeding Schnauzers, training, feeding, shows, agility, genetics, how your pet interacts with you…….just whatever is on your mind.
Cathy


3 comments:

  1. I am so excited that I was able to join this blog. I want everyONE to know about my experiences when my family & I went to visit Cathy's Miniature Schnauzers.
    On our 1st visit, we made an appointment with Cathy. I must say that I was very impressed with everything that Cathy had for the adult dogs & puppies. The doggie areas were all very clean, a lot of room to roam, the dogs & puppies were not caged. Cathy's Miniature Schnauzers was no PUPPY MILL, that's for sure.
    After leaving without making a decision to buy from Cathy, my husband & I talked, we were going back without Cathy's knowledge!!
    As with our 1st appointment visit, our 2nd visit was just as impressive, again, both adult dogs & puppies were not caged, Cathy was playing with all the dogs & puppies. I believe we surprised her by stopping by, but she had nothing to hide. Again, we left without making a decision to buy from her.
    We made a 3rd visit, this was also without Cathy's knowledge. Boy, were we surprised...as they say, 3rd time's a charm. The area where the dogs & puppies are kept was as clean as before, there was no smell, the dogs & puppies were playing, having a good time.
    This time before leaving we told Cathy that we were ready to buy!!
    We are now waiting on a male mini. We're so excited for his birth & then to bring him home to live with us in his forever home.
    If you're really looking for a good, clean, LOVING place to buy, please do as my family & I did, check & recheck who you're buying from.
    Take my word...Cathy's Miniature Schnauzers is the only place that I would ever tell someone to buy from.
    Thanks Cathy for being so kind to us when we showed up without calling you first. :)
    Laura Weinmann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy, I'm so happy you started a blog! You definitely need to share your Schnauzer knowledge! Are we allowed to post funny puppy stories on your blog because you know I have to brag! :) I love your website too. http://www.cathysminipuppies.com
    Did you create the site yourself? Thanks for sharing!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have now bought two Schnauzers from Cathy and both are beautiful full of fun and very sweet....our 13week little male had his first grooming from my groomer who was very impressed that Cathy had handled him and groomed him, he was so good and nary a peep. I might add he is adorable. She has shown in National Grooming shows and has many awards so it takes alot to impress her.

    ReplyDelete